Student IT Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Please read the Papplewick IT Student Acceptable Use Policy below and, if you accept it, please complete the short form below.
This acceptance of the policy is required to enable your son to use the school network and his own devices within the school.
Acceptable Use Policy
The school assumes that parents will ensure that their sons read this policy before coming to school in September.
The use of Papplewick School ICT resources and services is a facility granted, at the school's discretion, to pupils. This AUP is essential for managing and sustaining the integrity and legality of the Papplewick School network and computing resources.
- Use of the Papplewick school network constitutes agreement to comply with this policy.
- These rules apply to the use of any of the school computers, wherever they may be. They also apply whenever a user is logged on to the Papplewick School network.
- Pupils are given a user account to enable them to use the facilities on the school network, use of this account is monitored – it is neither private nor privileged.
- Pupils are given an e-mail account to use, the account is monitored and filtered, the user is responsible for the content on their account and is permitted to follow the generally accepted rule of network etiquette, these include but are not limited to:
- Users are not allowed to reveal their date of birth, personal address or contact number, nor the date of birth, personal address or contact number of other users.
- Users are not allowed to distribute images of themselves or others
- Users should be polite and use appropriate language. Do not swear or use vulgarities. Do not harass or bully.
- You must not use someone else's username to gain access to the school network.
- You must not write down your password, nor share your password with another.
- You may not attempt to circumvent security of any host, network or account, or penetrate security measures (“hacking”) on or accessed through the Papplewick School network.
- You must not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the network or other networks.
- You must not use the network or your own property to access or process pornographic material, inappropriate text files, or files dangerous to the integrity of the network.
- You must not transmit, re-transmit, publish or store material on or through the Papplewick School network or through your own property which is bullying, threatening, abusive, hateful, indecent, or defamatory.
- You must report any unpleasant material or message sent to you. This report would help protect other pupils and you.
- Pupils are not permitted to have personal computers at the school, unless they have properly documented educational needs, where a computer may be used to access Special Education Needs “SEN” services. A separate SEN AUP will need to be signed.
- Storage media, such as USB sticks/keys, is prohibited at the school.
- If a pupil or user account breaches the above rules, their account may be inspected and their access stopped. They may also render themselves liable to sanction from the Headmaster up to and including suspension and expulsion.
- Any property owned by pupils, such as mobile phones and iPods may not be used to watch any moving images whatsoever.
- You may not access the internet except through the school network.