At Papplewick, we aim to raise our boys' awareness on issues that evolve around the world. We not only educate them academically but also give them the means to grow up and care for the environment we live in.
We have now been awarded
the Eco School Silver certificate and we are working towards achieving our
Green Flag Award.
- The school has an Eco-Committee run by boys. The committee has
weekly meetings to discuss various issues affecting the planet.
- The Eco-Committee also runs regular Eco-Days days, ranging from
energy saving, healthy living, global citizenship, biodiversity to anti-litter campaigns.
- The Eco-Days topics are incorporated within the curriculum where
boys can enjoy many activities in the classroom environment (hands-on tasks on
the lives of the Orangutans of Sumatra-Indonesia)
- In our bid to minimise paper waste, all school/home
correspondence is sent electronically through our parentmail system. Mark readings are also sent via email.
- The school also holds regular Eco-Days to celebrate events such
as World Clean Up Day to Saving Wildlife.
- The boys also help
develop the school link with the local community. The boys were invited to Ascot
Race Course where they spent an afternoon picking up litter around the
racecourse for World Clean Up Day.
- The school also supports
many worthy charitable causes whether be it for the less fortunate (School Aid, Daisy’s Dreams, Sebastian’s Action Trust, The Arrows of God
in Nigeria) to name a few to weekly chapel service donations for various fund